Konica Minolta DiMAGE X1 review

Started Mar 22, 2006 | User reviews
R Yorks
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Konica Minolta DiMAGE X1 review
Mar 22, 2006

The camera has excellent features and is easy to use. But--if you ever expect to use it outside of the USA, do not buy it. See below.

Problems:

I have been a very happy user of a Dimage X1 for three months. I used it extensively on a three week South American cruise trip and took about 800 photos on a 1Gig and a 512 Mgb memory card. I have edited them and narrowed the pix down to about 400 of fine quality. While on this trip,I was able to recharge the battery on the cruise ship each night.The ship used US voltage/ connections.

However, I have just found out something shocking which would have kept me from buying the camera--its battery cannot be recharged out side of US-type voltage/ connections. I am going to Europe in a few months and contacted Konica Minolta for information on using and obtaining an adapter to use for charging the battery while in Europe. I was told that there was no such thing and that there was no way to charge the battery. I asked to speak with anyone else at Konica Minalta who could help me and I was told there was no one else.

While I find this hard to believe, I know of no way to pursue this with Konica Minolta. My advice would be not to do business with a company that does not disclose this problem nor provides a solution.

R Yorks's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads