Olympus Stylus 810 (mju 810 Digital) review

Started Mar 29, 2006 | User reviews
RForrester
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus Stylus 810 (mju 810 Digital) review
Mar 29, 2006

I purchased the 810 myu yesterday from Akihabara in Tokyo for ~$430AU. I'm really happy with that price!

Construction I gave 4.5 because everything about the camera feels solid and it's good to hold in the hand. But the rubber hinge on the USB door I felt could have been better to complete the overall feeling of a good solid camera.

Features... I'm loving everything to do with it! For a P&S camera what more could you need? Nothing! If you want more get a dSLR.

I've only taken a couple hundred photos since my purchase yesterday and as far as I can tell the quality of the images is superb. Definitely use the custom settings for the best result as the Automatic function just can't beat a good set of eyes.

It's extremely easy to use, extremely. I was to find how to switch it from Japanese to English immediately. The menus are very intuitive.

As for the price, you can't beat Akihabara on value there. Included I got a 1gig Olympus xD card also and I purchased a spare battery for $20AU.

Problems:

I would have liked the LCD screen to have come with a small piece of plastic to protect the screen. This is another couple of dollars I shouldn't have to purchase. But this is hardly a big problem.

To Danny_photolover; it's not a video camera!

RForrester's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads