Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 review

Started Mar 30, 2006 | User reviews
bessanutz
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 review
Mar 30, 2006

Camera tackles images very nicely. ISO noise is unusable above 80 if you use the jpegs out of the camera. RAW on the other hand comes out great and noise is a minumum and can be reduced with some post -processing like "Neatimage" software. You can get it here http://www.neatimage.com/

The lens is tack sharp "almost" acrross the whole lens.
I mostly shoot 16x9 just to get the 28mm so I don't see the benfit of the 2 othe 3:2 and 4:3 modes, maybe its just me.
Bottom Line: If you want a small compact 8.3mp RAW shooting camera this is fine addition to youer collection. Everyone is comparing this to Canon's Line of S series but that is a camera of another color.
cheers,
kevin

Problems:

Oh did i say its small, the one problem with the camera is holding it in one hand you constatnyl hit the little joystick or direction menu buttons with your thumb and you lose shots.

Its not a fast camera like the fuji 900 but it has the benefit of shooting real wide 28mm at 16x9 only. One little annoying thing is wasting to import both the RAW and the little jpg into my iview medio pro3 . I wish there was a way to turn off the Jpg processed file like in the big dslr'.

bessanutz's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads