Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 review

Started Apr 6, 2006 | User reviews
Alexander Munro
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 review
Apr 6, 2006

I have to say that my expectation was surpassed with the DMC-LX1. It is surprising to hear suggested that the JPEGs are unusable after ISO 80. I have witnessed excellent results at ISO 100 that are suitable for 13X19 prints (believe it - they're on my wall). 400 is visibly noisy, but 200 is suitable from a processed RAW image after noise reduction.

This camera is everything I was looking for and has freed up my style in a manner I couldn't have anticipated. It is small, unobtrusive and fast to use - perfect for photojournalistic endeavours. I haven't even budged from the 28mm focal length nor the panoramic format and I don't plan on doing so in the future.

I could have waited to see if some issues were resolved in a later version (slow USB transfer speed, noise, less shutter lag), but it would have been time I wouldn't be shooting photos. It isn't going to take the place of an SLR or film rangefinder, but If you are an advanced photographer interested in photojournalism you can't go wrong with this as a truly unique and exhilirating creative tool.

If you are interested in seeing some examples of what the DMC-LX1 can do, then visit Blogspot and type "informed consent lumix" in the search engine to find my Informed Consent blogspot and photos.

Problems:

None so far.

Alexander Munro's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads