Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7 review

Started May 16, 2006 | User reviews
rick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7 review
May 16, 2006

re close to best small camera Sony ever made up till that time but there are some major issues Great color, great detail outside,except at times the chip and lens dont mix. You zoom you almost score but too much blur and unable to make out fine lines indoor.(see below).I never paid 300 dollars for a camera that could not focus simple lines indoor from five to ten feet awayTheir newer chip is a tad better. Maybe the speed of shutter can't match the chip in capturing sharp photo indoor. This camera came as close as getting everything I wanted in a point and shoot except for the blur and slight harder to get tack on sharp photos indoors, but its a tradeoff being a cheaper pocket camera. Why is it I either get great color or great sharpness but not both? lol actually outdoor this camera can get 2 or 3 degrees away from dsl quality photos but close does not mean dsl quality. Maybe or somehow, good light cuts down on blur and this camera is no exception, because outdoors it gets wonderful true details and color, exceptional.

Problems:

this thing could not decipher detail on my color webcam indoor though, with the simple words intel on it and thru it all your going to get allot of shots off in low light and its not really quite newest technology anymore I have seen these cameras consistently focus better less often then their newer w70 counter points. With 7 megapixels, great color and detail I just wanted to literally ( I am not kidding ) to buy ten of these to hopefully get one to focus tack sharp. To say the least the store don't like to see me. So far I am on camera three. You might see many of these on display with same focus problems on clearance but whats a focus problem to me is probably fine for others.Sony came sooo soooo close here, but better then almost every small camera they made up till 2005. the only other negative its a bit noisy

rick's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads