Fujifilm FinePix Z1 review

Started May 18, 2006 | User reviews
PGson
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix Z1 review
May 18, 2006

The Z1 is unfortunately a disposable piece of junk. Bought in February and I liked it a lot. Small enough to fit in a jeans pocket, yet with plenty of features and image quality good enough for holiday use. I found the menu system easy to use - of course after reading the manual. Like others here, I found that the picture is not quite horizontally aligned, but that is not a problem for the amateur.

Problems:

A minor inconvenience is that even with the supplied Fuji holster, it is quite easy to set the movie recording switch on when pulling the camera from your pocket. After less than 300 shots, I discovered that I had paid for a Ferrari but got a Kia. Apparently it is a common fault with Fuji cameras that the lens suddenly "blacks out" and all shots are totally black. Fuji has actually recalled at least two models due to this fault, but not the Z1. The Fuji agent in my country acknowledged the fault as a manufacturing flaw, but refused to recognize the Fuji international warranty! Fuji apparently demands a piece of paper that is not included in the sales package and therefore not filled out by the seller at time of sale. The Fuji seller refuses to make amends, and I'm caught in the middle. So - if you like the Fuji Z1, get a Sony. I'm going to buy a DSC-T9 and so should you.

PGson's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads