Pentax Optio A10 review

Started May 20, 2006 | User reviews
Edward Nicholl
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax Optio A10 review
May 20, 2006

I bought the A10 to act as a backup for my Canon EOS 300D, and to be able to take shots of flowers and plants, - especially using the macro facility.
I general, the camera has proved to be a pleasure to use and some of the images taken have easily been up to the standard achievable using the Canon (in my humble opinion). Having said that, the landscapes taken using this camera haven't been of the quality which I expect with the Canon, but they are still more than acceptable.
I have taken the camera out on walks, and have been delighted with its portability and being able to carry it in the palm of my hand when it isn't in use.
All-in-all, I am delighted to have this camera to complement my Canon.

Problems:

Once or twice the image stabiliser did not appear to function. I certainly have several badly blurred images (due to motion) as a result.

There is a significant time lag between seeing an image, pressing the shutter button, and obtaining the final image. I presume that this is something that goes hand-in-hand with most compact cameras, but it has to be kept in mind when using the A10.

The biggest draw-back, for me, is the lack of an optical viewfinder. Although the LCD screen is big and bright, trying to see what is on the screen in sunlight can be a nightmare. Is it possible to attach a shade? If a shade was available, this would improve matters enormously.

Edward Nicholl's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads