Sony Cyber-shot DSC-M2 review

Started May 25, 2006 | User reviews
Chris Demeter
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-M2 review
May 25, 2006

I purchased this camera for the video more than the photo feature. I have been very happy with the video quality of this camera. The photo side leaves a little to be desired. The auto settings are fine for most pictures but in odd light or action shots it could be better. Especially for the price. My previous camera was a Sony DSC-P9 and that took better pictures than this one. Like I said, I got this more for the video than the photo and I have been pretty happy with that.

I find it kind of annoying that you have to either use the cradle or remove the memory stick and use a card reader to transfer the photos. I would have liked to see a USB connection on the camera itself.

The camera will also not stand by itself on a flat surface. You will need to have some kind of tripod if you wish to take those types of photos.

Problems:

Did have an odd problem with the docking device losing connection with my PC for no apparent reason. I was able to resolve this myself by removing the device and then uninstalling all of the software and reinstalling.

Chris Demeter's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads