Pentax Optio A10 review

Started May 30, 2006 | User reviews
nustherapy
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio A10 review
May 30, 2006

By the criteria above it's tough to have this camera come out with a low star rating as quality, construction and ease of use are all great but still I want to give this a low star rating after my experience. I owned this camera for a day and just had to return it, the shutter lag on the camera makes it nearly impossible to use for a quick point and shoot camera. My wife picked it up because it was a failry good value and had 8MP, she assumed it must be much better than a 6MP which although it's obviously better, 8MP isn't really required for what she meant to use the camera for. As stated the shutter lag, and also the amount of time to write the picture to flash is just unbearable, we ended up getting a cannon 630 which was a bit more pricey and only 6MP it far more suits our needs as a "capture the moment type of camera".

The Pentax did have a great quality picture, however the image stabilization didn't seem to do much, and there where some interesting features but when I think of the Ultra Compact class I think of somthing you pull out and quickly take a snapshot, with the A10 it seems like you have to have everything staged to be able to get a good pic.

nustherapy's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads