Nikon Coolpix L3 review

Started Jul 7, 2006 | User reviews
globalg
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon Coolpix L3 review
Jul 7, 2006

**Wastage of Money**
This is my fifth digital camera and to say the least Nikon has totally disappointed me and performed very poorly. The camera is just wastage of money. Please mind that small size or fitting in a jeans pocket is not the criteria to purchase a camera.
It takes hell lot of a time to start up. It takes ages to take a snap in Party mode..... will really embrass you. You can't really ask all to be in a picture position for ages. Flash takes ages to recharge and it just goes blank. If you are using flash then two consecutive shot may take around two minutes.... and you can clearly understand that two min is tooo loooooooong time, your shot is no more in position. Without flash does not improve dramatically, by the time your camera is ready, your shot is no more. Those who takes lot of snaps will understand what does this mean and how irritated you feel.
Photo quality in broad day light is just average and mind that, this is not a very cheap camera. It cost almost same like my very old(around 2 yrs) Sony P100. The funny thing is, I gave this Nikon stuff to my wife to upgrade from Sony one, in just one day she returned this Nikon one..... it's pathetic to say the least.
I am using digital camera for long so I know how to use it and I use the same battery in my Fuji 9500 (breed apart, cost double as well) so I don't believe it to be a battery issue.
Constructine wise, it feel like a toy, the zoom looks very funny. Zoom is again not that good in focusing.

Problems:

Start time >bad
Recharge time >bad
Time between two shots without flash > bad
Photo Quality > Nothing great, just average
Construction > Plastic Toyish

I guess a Canon in the same price range will be much better. Sony and Fuji is definitely better and probably my first Olympus one fares better.
I strongly recommend people NOT to buy atleast this Nikon model.

globalg's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads