Olympus Stylus 720 SW (mju 720 SW Digital) review

Started Jul 15, 2006 | User reviews
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
CG Anderson
Contributing MemberPosts: 747
Olympus Stylus 720 SW (mju 720 SW Digital) review
Jul 15, 2006

Buy it for what it is: about the best built point and shoot there is. Very small; smaller than you think. Solid as a brick. Carry in a shirt pocket or in a small case (the Otter Box 1000 is a perfect fit). I take mine caving, and the pictures are fine. Again, buy it for what it is. It is a camera for getting those pictures you'd otherwise only have as a memory. For cave passages where there is a scant five inches of air, it is perfect. Family snapshots around the house are nice and snappy. Even vids at 15fps are cool. I am very pleased. Lens shutter water swipe issue is remedied with a tad of Rain-X on the cover glass See also my 720SW Pbase gallery at pbase.com/darklightimagery/olympus_720sw

Sound on video capture quit after 19 days. A trip to Best Buy took care of that: a new replacement! One must be persistent however.... Not real happy with a lot of the various scene modes. Many place the camera into very high ISO, and pics can be grainy. I leave mine set at ISO64, P mode. Buttons are very small and hard to hit with a gloved hand. I have a small stylus attached to my wrist lanyard for getting to them. Get two batteries. Other than that, no issues at all.

CG Anderson's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads