Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T9 review

Started Aug 10, 2006 | User reviews
lharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,677
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T9 review
Aug 10, 2006

I have about 12 cameras ranging from compacts to 2 dslrs and consider myself an enthusiast. I have several prosumers as well. I did not have a truly subcompact and had read a lot of good things about the T9. Even SonyStyle recommended it to me over the T30 and the N1. I also wanted IS.

I have the F30, Casio P700, OlyC7000, Panny LX1 and TZ1 right now, e900, FZ5, Sony V1, Sony H1 and others.

Much as I tried the T9 and invested in the T9 leather case and a duo stick anticipating I would love the clean Sony image, I found the images, even outdoors, to be darker than I expected. I made adjustments in ISO and exposure and scene modes. I used auto and program. I tried to adjust in processing. I really don't think I got a bad camera--and I have had some bad cameras come my way since I buy so many.

I do a lot of indoor shooting and did not expect much from this camera indoors. These shots were done on a nice bright day outdoors. I tried each type of metering.

Ultimately, I am returning the camera rather disappointed.

I liked the size and that the menu returned to where I was with it so I could get back to exposure even tho there was no dedicated button.

I found that while it was fairly clean at 400 ISO and the IS worked well, it just was not well exposed for me.

I am still a bit puzzled, but that was my experience. Since
I own so many cameras and have tried so many others, I decided to pass on this one. First Sony I have been disappointed with. Usually the crispness of the photos knocks my socks off. Loved my 707 and 717 and my V1, even with it being an older camera still rivals many newer cameras. My H1 is one of my absolute favorites- so I have a very positive Sony bias.

I guess I will wait for the next go around of cams at Sony. AFter all- now I have a 1 gig duo stick!

Problems:

Just as stated. Others obviously did not have this issue.

lharris's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads