Canon PowerShot A630 review

Started Oct 7, 2006 | User reviews
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Canon PowerShot A630 review
Oct 7, 2006

I purchased this camera after many hours of review research. After several months, I had decided it would be the 710 or 630. I would have gone with the 620 due to its reputation but could not find any in stock for non-internet order. The deciding factor came down to the sensor size and flash recovery. The IS of the 710 made it a tough decision, but it was also 100 more expensive with a smaller sensor. The one I tried took a full 3-4 seconds to come back after a full flash picture. I got the 630 for $299 and am very happy. The outdoor pictures are excellent and colors are great. There is some noise in low light (caused my rating 4.5) but in my experience it is significantly better that my S3 IS.
I'm very happy with this camera and I'd buy it again without hesitation.

Problems:

No problems. I rated construction 4.5 because I'd like to see the SD card somewhere else other than in the battery compartment. For some reason the 710 just had a slightly better feel to me, but there definitely isn't anything wrong with the 630 in that regard. I think both cameras are excellent and the down grades are nitpicky. Right now though, the 630 is the better value and fits my needs the best.

778129's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads