Olympus Stylus 700 (mju 700 Digital) review

Started Oct 13, 2006 | User reviews
LucyBDA
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Olympus Stylus 700 (mju 700 Digital) review
Oct 13, 2006

I bought this as a party camera. I didn't expect anything else and it is perfect!

For instant showing of pics the LCD with Bright Capture (or whatever it is called) is excellent. The movies are so much fun, it may only be 15fps but they can go on forever (on 1gb card. maybe a bit of exaggeration, but certainly prefer it over 1000fps for only 15secs.)

I don't use image stabilisation too much - too noisy, but using program and adjusting ISO to a medium value works well and not too difficult.

I don't bother using anything above 5mp, quality goes down hill afterwards and just creates excessively large file sizes, but 5 is plenty enough for an 8x10 print for fun.

Problems:

Construction: 4.5 - claims to be weather proof - I haven't had internal problems, but I don't think it likes salt water spray, the surface paint is starting to bubble and peel!

Features: 5.0 - even a little overboard - 7mp?

Image Quality: 2.5 - this is being truthful - it isn't great by any means, but as I said, for my uses it is fine. But I doubt many people are considering it for a serious camera anyway.

Ease of Use: 5.0 - fine, no complaints

Value for money: 5.0 - at the end of the day I don't care what happens with the camera, I'll take it anywhere regardless of the conditions, its not something I need to put away in the safe box for fear of losing a huge investment.

LucyBDA's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads