Casio Exilim EX-S770 review

Started Nov 16, 2006 | User reviews
Tony
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-S770 review
Nov 16, 2006

The EX-S770 is a great pocket camera for a number of reasons. It's got a sturdy feel to it. It's lightning fast. Starts in a blink of an eye, and goes from shot-to-shot just as fast. It's simple to operate and the menus are easy to navigate. The screen is bright and big. The video function is decent. I would love this camera, if it wasn't for the awful image quality. The noise in low light is pretty significant, the barrel distortion is miserably bad, and the corners of the image are very blurred. I realize it's a ultra-compact camera, so the lens is too tiny to be used for serious photography, but the blur is so bad it's distracting. I have a Canon Powershot S50 that has a lens that isn't a lot bigger than the EX-S770's lens, and it doesn't have a fraction of the blurring.

If you are not fussy about image quality, then this camera will rock your socks off. It's fast, fun, easy to carry, easy to use, and looks good too. But if you think the 7mp will allow you to get some really nice large-format shots, forget it.

Tony's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads