Canon PowerShot A630 review

Started Dec 19, 2006 | User reviews
MPeD
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Canon PowerShot A630 review
Dec 19, 2006

I bought the A710IS first, but ended up returning it in favor of this camera, the A630. You can read my full comparison between the two cameras in the A710IS review if you want, but to summarize, the A630 costs around $100 LESS than the A710IS, and in my opinion takes much BETTER pictures, especially at night. I have nothing bad to say about this camera at all, I like everything about it.

I don't care that the LCD doesn't have super duper resolution - that's not what its for people! Its for framing shots and confirming that the shot turned out as expected. Ultimately, it comes down to money, and I personally wouldn't want to pay much more for a higher resolution LCD. The open-and-twist feature of the LCD was a surprisingly cool feature. I initially didn't care if my camera had this (the A710IS did not), but now that I have this feature, I use it all the time!

I feel that the A630 is a better value than the A710IS because it takes better night pictures for $100 less, plus it has a flip-and-twist LCD. Thanks.

MPeD's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads