Nikon Coolpix S7c review

Started Jan 1, 2007 | User reviews
gnnyman
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S7c review
Jan 1, 2007

I got this little camera some time ago as pocket note book. Do I like it - yes. Do I enjoy taking pictures with it - yes. But - it cannot and should not replace a real proper camera. As I have read in another review, the handling is a bit tricky - one needs to learn how to hold this camera. It is very small and light, which means that shots with longer exposure times are often blurred due to vibration. The camera features are super - the WLAN connection to my computer works fine, the shots are transferred easily and all the other features are fine as well. Overall a nice visiual notebook for someone who loves it not to have to carry 15lbs of equipment all the time.

Problems:

My biggest concerns are image quality in low light conditions and electronic noise. As soon as the light gets dim, the image quality suffers significantly. The image sensor is very small, rather tiny and this causes a lot of noise - but I was surprised to see that much noise. 7Mpx sounds fine for a sensor but one can only benefit from it when there is enough light available. Another observation I made is that the AF works not too well if the light is low and/or the contrast of the center area is low as well. Some shots are slightly out of focus therefore because the AF auxiliary focussing light does not do the job perfect as it should.
As I said before - the camera is a very attractive nice little optical notebook which cannot replace a real camera at all.

gnnyman's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads