Pentax K110D review

Started Feb 11, 2007 | User reviews
dwm71
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Pentax K110D review
Feb 11, 2007

I've been an SLR user for 15 years now. This is my first jump to digital. (Slide film user almost exclusively for the past 8 years) I'm very pleased with almost every aspect of this camera. The ergonomics are great, it feels good in my hands.
It takes AA batteries, which some people may not like. I go outdoors a lot though, in the cold here in New England where it pays to be able to have 1 or 2 extra sets of batteries warming in your pocket.
Picture quality is excellent, construction is excellent. I would have gone for the K100D with SR, except 90% of my shots are done on a tripod anyhow, so I don't need it that much.

Problems:

My only gripe is the LCD screen, while useful, isn't good for judging your exposure (make sure to enable the histogram to see your exposures...) - I've had quite a few pictures that looked OK on the LCD screen, but were darker than I thought when I got them on the computer. Then again, like I said, this is my first digital camera, I suppose it just takes a little getting used to.

dwm71's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads