Olympus Stylus 700 (mju 700 Digital) review

Started Feb 26, 2007 | User reviews
SamuelAdams7
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus Stylus 700 (mju 700 Digital) review
Feb 26, 2007

I got for off the cuff photos, mainly for outdoor, in-weather types and night shots. I like the small in pocket convenience but would also liked to have an eye viewfinder than just the dislpay for tighter shots and ease of use in bright sunny conditions. Nice resolution and bright display...Overall, I liked it except for all the problems I've encountered (see below). Not a bad deal if you like this sort of camera.

Problems:

I must have gotten a "possessed" model...Used it for a few weeks and was fine but then it started acting up: turning-off just when I was readt to shoot, turning off/on when viewing, have to take out battery / reinstall to get it to turn on again, freezes, won't turn on, etc. Sent back and worked okay for about an hour when started doing the same thing. Now it dosen't work at all...Will have to send back AGAIN...I've missed a lot of good photo opportunities because of the down time. I've had other Olympus cameras but I don't think I'll buy another product from Olympus when there's so many other manufacturers out there doing basically the same thing / have the same product...Some at better prices. In hind-site, I think I would have bought a Sony...Better camera for about the same price.

SamuelAdams7's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads