Canon PowerShot A630 review

Started May 4, 2007 | User reviews
KitttyKat
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Canon PowerShot A630 review
May 4, 2007

For a while I was very against point-and-shoot cameras; all I owned were SLRs, TLRs, and Rangefinders. I liked having complete control over how my pictures came out and I didn't trust a point-and-shoot to do the same job. A few months ago I decided to invest in a point-and-shoot because I didn't want to have to worry about exposure, focus, and the like at family gatherings and when I was hanging out with my friends. I was very skeptical at first, but after using the Canon PowerShot A630 I absolutely fell in love with it. It gave me a perfect exposure almost everytime, which I liked very much, and the delay (from when you press the shutter-release to when it actually takes the picture) is relatively short. With 8.0 megapixels this camera is a great deal for the money ($250 - $300) and will give you awesome results.

Problems:

It doesn't always focus on what I want it to focus on...I sometimes have to re-press the shutter release (half-way) numerous times until it focuses on what I want.

Also, another problem I have with the camera is the fact that I can't manually adjust the ISO. The only options I have are "Auto" and "High."

KitttyKat's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads