Olympus C-3000 Zoom review

Started Jun 24, 2007 | User reviews
Lights
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,405Gear list
Like?
Olympus C-3000 Zoom review
Jun 24, 2007

Well after 6 years of use it's still ticking along. I've got a Canon DSLR and and Olympus 8080...but if you process the pics from this little 3.3mp camera right, for net use and for up to 8x10's it's excellent. Never regretted buying it (although at the time not cheap, looking in hindsight) I've seen good used ones today for under $100 and that's a steal. The battery drain isn't too bad..can get 100 pics or a few more on a set of NM's. Pretty good internal flash...and provisions for adding external flash (the cord will cost almost as much as the used camera LOL.) The noise isn't bad (try an 8mp digicam!) and it's got a 2.8 lens even with the tele adapter (which is cheap now too) The digital zoom doesn't seem to add as many artifacts as some higher resolution cameras I've used and have no idea why. I honestly think the "in camera" B&W is excellent. For color though set the contrast to soft...it helps a bit with the fringing you'll get along high contrast areas...then bring it up in your editior. A good little camera...and better made than most of today's plastic wonders.

Problems:

The LCD is unusable in bright sun and the viewfinder isn't great (usable) SM cards are getting hard to find...and somewhat expensive. Some purple finginging (more than some in certain cases)

Lights's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads