Pentax *ist DS review

Started Jul 17, 2007 | User reviews
Julian Watkins
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Pentax *ist DS review
Jul 17, 2007

I bought my DS when they were first released and have been so pleased with it. I am less than careful with my camera (although not careless) but it's still perfect after 2.5 years and thousands of pictures and many lens changes later.
I bought it to photograph my newborn daughter and have many great pictures to show. I also drag it around to football matches and carry it to work each day. I previously owned an SFXn (film) so had a bunch of lenses which work flawlessly.
As for the battery issue mentioned below, i do like being able to carry as many set as i like or buy on the fly. I find a set of AA's last well, and although rechargables lose charge this is hardly a criticism of the camera - you can use CRV3's after all which last for ages. (plus there are new hybrid rc batteries that supposedly hold charge much better).
The biggest plus point of the DS is it's tiny size in comparison to other DSLRs in it's class.

Problems:

One drawback; Pentax continue to release excellent cameras compatible with early lenses, hence pushing the 2nd hand price up so I can't afford more!

Julian Watkins's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads