Pentax *ist DL review

Started Aug 11, 2007 | User reviews
James Saunders
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Pentax *ist DL review
Aug 11, 2007

I bought the istDL last september for A$700 with two lenses. I've since taken close to 10,000 shots, and it has not skipped a beat. The Build of this camera is great, it feels perfect in my hands ( I have fairly large hands) all the buttons are within easy reach, some of the scene modes can be handy too.

I really like the fact that Pentax isn't falling to the megapixel race yet, 6mp is more than sufficient for most photographers.

The features on the camera are excellent compared to the Nikon/Canon or other brands products, you get so much more bang for your buck with Pentax, I too love the fact i can pick up a 50 year old Pentax lens and use it! There isn't many other brands you can do that is there? The fact that it takes 'everywhere' SD cards was another bonus for me, and the fact it uses plain old AA batteries is excellent, because if my NiMh rechargables die, i can pick up lithium ones for $15!

It's a really simple camera to use, and it's simple to master the 'professional' side of the camera. With my Sigma 18-125mm I can produce excellently exposed, sharp, nice rich coloured photographs. Imagine if I had an f2.8 or prime!

You really can't go past this camera if you are looking for a secondhand camera to start out with and evidently the K100D- K100D 'super' are similar so i'm sure many of these observations apply.

Problems:

No problems and close to 10,000 shots!

James Saunders's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads