Nikon Coolpix P5000 review

Started Sep 11, 2007 | User reviews
CARLOS M GOMEZ
Regular MemberPosts: 345
Like?
Nikon Coolpix P5000 review
Sep 11, 2007

I bought the Nikon Coolpix P 5000 the week that the camera go to market.
I have taken more than 3,000 pictures as Portraits,Part/Inddor, Night Portrits, Landscapes, Mmuseum, Close Ups, Sports, etc., etc.
The performance of this camera is excellent and the picture quality is very good for a Camera of this size and the price of U.S. $ 339.00 (approximatly).
To get good results with the P 5000 the buyer is suppose to have good acknowled of basic photographic, reed and undersatands the owner manual, know how to set the camera, have a good acknowledge of computers, pictures sofwares, and agood experience in printing.
CONGRATULATIONS TO NIKON FOR THE PRODUCTION OF THIS COOLPIX P 5000 ANDO ALSO TO ALL THE PERSONS THAT HAVE PURCHASED THIS GEM.

Problems:

This Camera has not problems unless you got a defective unit, but it have a lot of room for improvements.:
SIZE: This camera is to small for handling by a person that have big hands, the minimum size should be 5 inches long, 3 1/2 inches height and 2 1/2 inches deep, in order that 4 AA rechargeable batteries can powered this unit.
A better optical viewfinder should be included in this type of Camera.
The zoom button should be replaced by a Zoom-Ring on the lens, it will be more professional and practical to have a very good zoom , and it do not consume battery as the electronic zoom.
The front of the lens should be similar to the Coolpix 990 in order to use the auxilar Wade-angle and tele lens converters. No down ring adapter UR-E20 is needed.
The Hot Shoe for the external flash should be centered with the lens in order that the pictures have not shadows at list when shooting horizontal pictures.
The Battery-Chamber and Memory Card Slot should be located on the sides, never on the base of the camera, only the Tripod Socket sould be there.

At present time I have 9 Nikon Digital Cameras and I have been, only, shooting Digital for the last eight years.

CARLOS M GOMEZ's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads