Olympus SP-560 UZ review

Started Nov 2, 2007 | User reviews
marc850
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Olympus SP-560 UZ review
Nov 2, 2007

I really love this camera. I have shot several thousand pics with it so far and am
really happy with the results. I compared this camera back-to-back with the 550
before purchasing and can say that the 560 is a big improvement. It is also
extremely well built and designed. When compared to the competition you can
really notice the difference in quality and feature set. The ability to shoot raw is a
great plus. the use of rechargeable 4 AA's is definitely better than battery packs in
my case. I truly like the lens, but the features and mode selection will keep even a
professional happy. As a quick field back-up, the ease of manual inputs is a snap.
For the amateur, the ability to pre-select your pictures, the built-in 33 picture
modes, and the in-camera guide will help you learn to shoot like a pro in no time.
Unlike one reviewer, I have more than a passing exposure to this camera and can
attest to its true abilities. Like the 550, it fits well into my hand(s) and easily tucks
away when not needed. The extreme zoom and wide angle in one small package
truly suits a mobile and adventurous lifestyle. If you just like to shoot pics indoors
and carry around a suitcase full of lenses, then this is not your camera. Common
sense dictates that you can't compare a full-featured ultra zoom camera to a SLR.
This camera is for those on the go and not merely show. So, grab a monopod and
hit the trail or mountain. Dump the extra lenses and fill the backpack full of food,
water, and camping gear(real necessities) and go for a true adventure off the
beaten path. Or for others so inclined/reclined, your knees and back will be happier
when you leave the luggage behind. You can really do most all with this one
(27mm-to 486). Btw, this is one digital camera that sips battery go-juice like a
camel!

Problems:

None discovered as yet.

marc850's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads