Fujifilm FinePix A900 review

Started Dec 4, 2007 | User reviews
rick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix A900 review
Dec 4, 2007

expecting much more out of this, because for 159 dollars there were better choices but after having their six megapixel cameras, I figured this could only be better. Wrong. Everytime I pick up a fuji I see what their technology offers and its a step beyond other makers. So maybe because of that I expect more and get disappointed. The six megapixel camera I had from fuji actually performed much better outside. The resolution on this was very good but they had very little custom controls. I found all the photos soft , few tact sharp. I think the a820 was much better then this. Their ccd has so much potential with punchy contrast and real looking colors and white balance but there is no punchy colors or sharpen controls.I would love to see this ccd with at least a six x zoom and sharpen controls and different shutter speeds or focus options. Why can't their 9 megapixel get as much detail as their 6. I guess what I want is a dsl like experience from a point and shoot and this gets close but not enough custom controls to maximize . Not enough anything to maximize this technology and if they did they might have dslr makers down their back.. and this has been the complaint from many on fuji boards.

Problems:

needs custom controls, needs sharper photos, needs bigger zoom, close again but no cigar . Fuji continues to disappoint. This and their 700 model zoom are not that good

rick's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads