Olympus Stylus 830 (mju 830 Digital) review

Started Dec 30, 2007 | User reviews
BraneTraveler
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Olympus Stylus 830 (mju 830 Digital) review
Dec 30, 2007

Purchased this camera after my Sony P&S finally quite after four years. I shoot Oly DSLR's so I thought I would try this as a carry around camera and so far I have not been disappointed. It is very easy to use and small enough to slip into a shirt pocket. I also purchased the Oly leather case which fits the camera perfectly and has room for two spare xD cards as well as a credit card or two.

The images from the camera are very good considering it is a small sensor point and shoot type of device. The color rendition is very good and focusing is fast and generally precise. I find this camera a "good companion" when I don't want to carry a DSLR and several lenses. It is small enough to be discreet for street photography yet has enough features and certainly the quality to satisfy for quick shots or just get -togethers where one wants some snapshots. The flash is somewhat limited in range but well within the what one should expect from a camera of this size. Shoot as ISO 100 or 200 and noise is really not a problem.

One feature I really like is the splash proof capability. Really nice if it is snowing or misting outside.

Problems:

None to date

BraneTraveler's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads