Olympus C-740 UZ review

Started Feb 25, 2008 | User reviews
BeatleFan
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus C-740 UZ review
Feb 25, 2008

Great camera overall. I've had it for 4 years now. It was my first digital camera. Near perfect picture quality. For example, when taking live nature shots of birds, you can see the detail of feathers. When taking shots of my son at his various school events, the zoom comes in handy. I like being able to switch from the LCD view to the view finder with a press of a button. LCD is small at 1 1/2" but I believe that was the standard size when I bought the camera in 2003.
The flash works super. There are a lot of features that I haven't used too much like the action shot. The ability to change ISOs is easy but it cannot be done on the fly. I have been so pleased in general with this camera. I do plan to purchase a more compact camera soon but will stick with the Olympus brand.

Problems:

I have never had a problem with this camera. Although it does tend to drain batteries, get a good rechargeable set. That worked best for me.
The only downside to the camera is although its small, its still a bit cumbersome to "whip out" to take a shot unless you have it hanging on your neck. Not a good on the go camera. For that you need a point & shoot which I plan to get for active vacations.
One more downside, movies do NOT have sound so if that is important to you, skip this camera.

BeatleFan's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads