Casio Exilim EX-Z77 review

Started Feb 25, 2008 | User reviews
Firebirdjosh
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z77 review
Feb 25, 2008

I've been searching for a very small camera that I can take where a DSLR isn't practical. I bought the Z77 for $125 new on clearance and I would have absolutely paid more than that. I'm happy with the layout of the controls. All the necessary buttons are easy to access. The aluminum outside gives me some confidence, it certainly has a better build quality than the Sony cybershot I was looking at. The movie mode offers widescreen and the picture is very good. I'm still not really sure what the antiblur technology does since I haven't read the manual, I'd guess it just boosts the ISO or selects a larger aperture. It starts to get noisy around ISO400, but if you resize for the web you won't notice. If you plan on serious photography then invest in a better camera.

Problems:

No problems but my complaints are: the horrible LCD. The screen is very low resolution, it doesn't REALLY matter since the pictures look good in real life, but on the screen everything looks pixelated due to the low resolution. It lacks some manual controls but I'd say most people that use this camera wouldn't know what to do if it was an option. I wish they used the standard mini USB port like most of my other electronics, and charging via the USB port would be nice rather than pulling the battery everytime it runs out.

Firebirdjosh's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads