Nikon Coolpix S52 review

Started May 26, 2008 | User reviews
James C. Whiteside III
Contributing MemberPosts: 955
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S52 review
May 26, 2008

The S52 is a nice small pocket camera; that is slightly thicker than other models, but most user would still refer to this as a very nice pocket camera.

The Biggest factor that blew me away with this camera is its low light ability. This little camera is a dream inside, and even rivals my DSLR at low light indoor photos. The little flash does a excellent job at opening up when needed.

Menu lay is much different than I am use to, but for the most part is is easy to learn.

Face dection seems to work well. I originally looked at this feature as a gimick, but so far it has worked great.

Focus is a little slower than some other pocket cameras, but it seems to lock better and give good results.

The manual features are lacking, but they should on a pocket camera. Nikon gave many nice scene modes that should fit the needs of most users.

Battery door feels a little weak, but it does have metal hinges which is more than I expected. Its advertised as a all metal body, but it seems a little thin.

For a point and shoot the photos are nice looking and very useable for printing a few "wall hangers" I would not want to push it to the limits that nikon advertises, but for the most part the images are nice. Noise is present, but mostly in shadow areas.

The VR seems to work like a dream.

Problems:

Door seems weak.

Hot pixels occur in LCD after extended use.

James C. Whiteside III's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads