Casio Exilim EX-Z80 review

Started Aug 9, 2008 | User reviews
Alsone1
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z80 review
Aug 9, 2008

Highly recommended.

Excellent stills and fantastic video quality.

Best of all for anyone wanting a camera for clubbing, it handles extreme sound pressures with ease. I shot some video right next to the speaker at a local trance night so loud that it sounded loud to me with clubbing ear plugs in - 18db. The audio on the videos is perfect no distortion and as clear as day. Perfect!!

For comparison, my Canon IXUS used to distort anywhere in the room never mind next to the speakers so badly you couldn't even make the tune out.

9.5 out of 10 for this camera. Drops 0.5 simply because I'd like some control over the video gain and the 10 min max single file restriction removing.

Just wanted to add TLV above has mentioned video at 320 x 240. This is I think misleading because although it does great video at that resolution, it can far capture natively far bigger at fanastic quality.

This camera captures video at 848 x 480 which is above PAL tv resolution but below HD and at a full 30fps. In good light, it gives my £900 HD Canon Camcorder a run for its money. In poorer light its still good but not as good as dedicated camcorder. Picture wise its nearer to HD to SD. If you need a stills with excellent video capabilities then this is your camera.

Problems:

None.

Alsone1's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads