Nikon Coolpix S550 review

Started Sep 25, 2008 | User reviews
Pedro S
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S550 review
Sep 25, 2008

Stay Far AWAY. I really wanted to like this camera, as its really tiny and has a five times zoom, but its just not very good. I felt I owed it to the interent community to give you the heads up. At first I thought maybe it would get better, but the great majority of my photos were coming out blurry. Colors look dull, and they certainly aren't sharp, dull as a butter knife. I'm on the water alot, and even if a boat is simply floating, forget about a clear shot. Its kind of a joke. Looking at my iPhoto gallery from the last couple months, you'd think I was in a really wet climate. Blue skies look dull grey. Yuk. Movie are alright. I was just in Central America, and most of the pictures are blurry. Monkeys look like furry black things in trees. And I was 10 feet away. The zoom hardly seems like 5x, seems more like 3. I guess its no surprise that they immedialtey came out with the optically stabilized S560 a couple of months later. I'm mad at myself for not immediately returning it. Just took it to a wedding, 3 out of 5 pictures are worthless. I am ordering a Canon or Panasonic.

Problems:

Blurry Pictures

Night photos come out basically all black, like you're in a closet, and yes I've tried all the 'night modes'

Dull Colors.

If theres any Sun, its as if you were aiming right at the sun and a mirror.

Pedro S's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads