Canon PowerShot SD790 IS (Digital IXUS 90 IS) review

Started Oct 20, 2008 | User reviews
jayzee77
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Canon PowerShot SD790 IS (Digital IXUS 90 IS) review
Oct 20, 2008

This is an excellent all around pocket camera. Very durable, quick to start up, picture quality is excellent, colors vibrant but not overly saturated. The screen and buttons are well placed and designed. Avi movies are memory hogs, but they look so much better on the computer screen than the mpg4 or qt movies do.

In the last 12 years I have had a olympus, casio, nikon, 2 other canons, panasonic, samsung, 2 sonys. I can honestly say this is the best over all point n shoot pocket camera I have owned.

The battery life is absolutely amazing better than any camera I have had before hands down. I changed the battery once in 6 weeks after shooting 100's of photos and a bunch of movies.

Problems:

Like most if not all point n shoots its inside and low light capabilities are lacking. Manual controls are missing, I would love to be able to change the aperature or shutter speed, etc. 3x optical zoom and no optical zooming during movies. Can't change the brightness of a photo in review mode.

This camera would be perfect if it had a wide angle like 28mm and a 5x optical zoom and more manual controls, and optical zoom during movies. They could add high definition movies as well.

jayzee77's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads