Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review

Started Apr 3, 2009 | User reviews
Jay Smith
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review
Apr 3, 2009

I have had this camera 4-6 weeks and have shot 600-800 pics with it and love it. It is not for everyone. If you want something you can carry in your pocket for a quick snapshot don't get it. This camera requires multiple readings of the manual and lots of field practice to get the best out of it. I used the manual setting a lot as I like to create my on image. I have a circular polarizer and a UV filter that I sometime use. Auto settings are good and color options (B&W Sepia, etc) are a nice options to use. 20x zoom (28-560mm) made some DSLR users jealous. Good battery life. Macro is super

Problems:

I have encountered no problems however I want to add this point. It is true that the lense barrel is not threaded to accept filter. When you screw a 52mm filter on the lense for the first time the reason it is a little tight is because it is cutting the threads in the barrel. At certain focal length you may get some shadows in the corner. Order the filter adapter from Lensmate. It is only around $16 and is well worth it. If you get the Lensmate adapter you cannot use the orginal Canon sunshade. No problem, just get one of the rubber sunshades that screws onto the filter.

Jay Smith's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads