Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review

Started Apr 10, 2009 | User reviews
Gez Thulbourn
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review
Apr 10, 2009

This camera CAN turn out a lovely photo, BUT, since I've had it (1000+ photos) at least 5% of the photos hae come out with a 2-3 degree tilt on them. I don't know if it is the viewfinder (I don't use the back screen) or the physical shape of the camera, but even with the gridlines in the display shooting against a clear horizon and a degree of attention turning to obsession, I still get back home and find loads of shots needing photoshopping straight again.
The viewfinder is rubbish mind you: no idea of colour saturation or focus.. so why bother with it??
Jog wheel is a bit like a roulette wheel: maybe you'll win big on this quarter turn and move forward 3 steps, or maybe you'll lose and not move at all: it REALLY is that random. Didn't they test it?
Dodgy USB: think they have a low level timing problem as on a selection of old XP computers it can either not see the camera OR brings the images across corrupted (I've never seen corruption EVER on a USB device before).
But stabilisation is good, lens flexible (although I wish it would park at 'normal' otherwise you end up shooting quick snaps by default in wide angle.)
I so want this camera to be good (I loved my previous A620 snapper) but I am just losing patience with it.

Problems:

Too liable to leaning photos.

Gez Thulbourn's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads