Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 review

Started Apr 15, 2009 | User reviews
8cc
8cc
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 review
Apr 15, 2009

Not been using the camera, having been studying it thoroughly, though, and am using the Panasonic DMC-LX2.
Release of this camera in Japan is only april 24th, so how Ellis Feibush could have been "getting used" to this camera is quite impossible... Probably meaning the G-1? Anyhow, he shouldn't have been giving this poor 3 out of 5 rating for the evaluation on all scoring items, I am here compensating this image ;-)))
Am convinced this is marvellous camera, could very well revolutionize and convince as well higher compact users as real DSLR users, through its portability, photo quality and extra features. As exact previsible result, before taking the actual picture. Very satisfied of my DMC-LX2 now, which has 25MP/cm² density, while the micro four thirds GH1 cam has 5MP/cm², which says it all, in terms of resolution/noise relation.
Besides the full HD video feature with continuous focusing (no other compact nor DSLR has this) with one-button start even while in photography mode, on top with doubled recording capacity for the same memory card, it especially has the very useable 16:9, 3:2, 4:3 and even 1:1 easily switchable positions for flexible artistic photo composition. I am convinced this will be a very very succesful camera, beating a lot of "real" DSLR as well in performance as in sales. It has now also a very much more nice newly developed (and silent!) 14-140 lens (28-280mm) of wider size, fitting much more decently on the body than the all-too-tiny lens on the G1. I am buyer, as soon as it is realeased in Antwerp, Belgium. And then I will be posting again, after a few weeks to start with.

Problems:

None

8cc's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads