Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 review

Started May 28, 2009 | User reviews
yenta
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 review
May 28, 2009

Having bought this camera second hand, and having gotten one that was very well cared for, I feel that I got quite a deal, both in terms of the overall cost and most particularly the Leica "kit" lens that simply blows away the competition. Having been a film camera user (Nikon), and having shot on manual, I find this camera a pleasure to use. The build is robust and the instrument fits well in that hand. (I suppose I have a "medium" hand size.) I like the "retro" look and feel of the camera and didn't need a fancy instruction manual to start using the camera right out of the box. The 16X20 and 13X19 enlargements I have printed are excellent. This goes both for landscapes and portraiture. My only gripe about the camera is that the carrying strap is placed oddly: I have to hold the camera differently and shoot differently to push the shutter. This would really impede anyone who had to shoot sports or something that demanded rapid shooting. But for my uses, it is not really tat bad. There is so much else for me to like. But maybe I'm just "old fashioned", and I like the Leica lens, plus the sturdy "retro" film SLR feel/action of the Panasonic L1 and the LC1.

Problems:

Only problem is the placement for the strap. Otherwise, no problems so far.

yenta's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads