Started Jun 14, 2009 | User reviews
yperion
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax K20D review
Jun 14, 2009

I have bought K20D last August.
So my opinion is:
a) Produce the SHARPEST photos in the market. That cost little noisier photos than the current competition from biggest brands.
b) Noise well controlled till 1600 ISO, capturing very good photos (you have the option of four choices for noise reduction).
c) Excellent resolution.
d) Excellent control, navigation and features. A friend of mine had Nikon D300 or D700 (I can’t remember) and surprised by the menu, the navigation, the features and….. He couldn’t believe how good camera is K20D. And for last he saw some pictures in the camera’s screen and told me that the resolution was significant better than his (he zoomed to the skin of a girl).
e) Excellent construction. Water – Dust – Moist shield.
f) On body anti shake control.
g) Very good DNG outputs. I rarely shoot Jpeg. I believe, jpeg format, don’t produce so accurate colors.
h) Very accurate colors on camera’s screen. For me a big plus.
i) Good battery.
And many more. After all HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Lenses that I use:
Pentax 16-45 f/4 (recommended, better from f/5.6), Tamron 90 macro f/2.8 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED), Tamron 70-300 macro (1:2) f/4 – 5.6 (recommended for its class).

Problems:

a) Noise from 1600 - 3200 iso is bad, from 3200 - 6400 is very bad. But with good software, to reduce noise, you can have good prints.
b) AWB (Auto White Balance) for some situations not accurate.
c) Slow continuant shooting (for those who need it, I don’t )
And maybe 2 more things that I don’t remember.
After all HIGHLY RECOMMENDED even now!

yperion's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads