Fujifilm FinePix S1500 review

Started Jul 12, 2009 | User reviews
Puppy2007
Forum MemberPosts: 82Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix S1500 review
Jul 12, 2009

I bought this camera as an upgrade of my very old 2 mpx compact camera. Despite of not very positive reviews it provides perfect value for the money. The pixel level quality is not in par with top UZ models like Canon SX10 or FinePix S100FS but consinder it is smaller, lighter and cheaper. Images resized to 1024x768 looks very good. I always use SHARPNESS option set to STD or rather SOFT with image sharpening in PC and ISO up to 400.

The construction is nice, full black with conservative design and feel studry with only one exception - the rubber USB connector cover which does not seem to last very long. Included USB cable could be a bit longer.

I can recommend this camera for beginners who want to play with manual exposition controls and advanced options like live histogram but don't want to spend much money on their first camera.

There is a lot of pictures from this camera on flickr.com, search "S1500" tag.

Problems:

- automatic mode tends to over-exposure in high light conditions. Setting EV to -1/3 or -2/3 in P mode solves it.

- unnecessary high ISO is selected in flash mode. Use fixed ISO when using the flash.

- automatic WB is not always reliable. Again, manual setting delivers much better results in some light conditions.

Puppy2007's gear list:Puppy2007's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S1500
Puppy2007's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads