Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 review

Started Oct 14, 2009 | User reviews
vaughanbb
Contributing MemberPosts: 763
Like?
Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 review
Oct 14, 2009

I bought this cam as I had some gift vouchers, and wasnt expecting too much...but I am delighted with the image quality, the new 18-55 kit lens is much better than the previous kit 18-70...really very good and the live view is amazing. ....initial impression of the grip seems that it is too small, but you soon realise that it is actually a good design and keeps the camera compact, but best of all, I think the image quality is just excellent, colours, sharpness, tone....all top notch, and the camera was not expensive...great value camera that is easy to get along with, I very much doubt if any current 10mp DSLR in this catagory could improve on this image quality and colour rendition, just lovely photos

Problems:

Defaults are not great, auto mode is a bit flat with too much contrast, I have found that I need to get into the PASM modes....standard colour, up the saturation, decrease the contrast, and then images just drop out of the camera looking great....strange that the Auto mode is so flat, I think Sony made a mistake here.....but its no issue if you are prepared to come out of Auto P&S mode

vaughanbb's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads