Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T77 review

Started Nov 18, 2009 | User reviews
ShelgrenPhoto
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T77 review
Nov 18, 2009

My wife wanted a nice slim camera so she should fit it easily in her purse, etc. She also liked the touch screen on this, which I will say, it's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Functions/Features are pretty nice, and the menu system is fairly easy to get the hang of

Overall Build is good and solid, and as I said, features are nice, but I would have returned this camera if I could have. Didn't quite use it enough right away to notice how crappy the IQ is. Pass on this camera if you are considering it.

Problems:

The problem with the touch screen is the fact that it looks like you are going to ruin it, as it gets that liquid look on it (like when you press hard on a laptop monitor).

Now to image quality: the screen is a decent size, and I know that images may not look quite as good on the small screen as when on a computer screen....Well, they do NOT look good on either. The images are strangely pixelated for a 10.1 MP camera, the noise in lower light than natural sunlight/building light is atrocious. If a shot is taken indoors at say a lower lit restaurant, etc, I usually have to spend about an hour going through the ones my wife wants to post online correcting the noise with Lightroom/PS.

ShelgrenPhoto's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads