Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS6 review

Started Dec 11, 2009 | User reviews
buitenkunst
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS6 review
Dec 11, 2009

I'm using a Canon 400d and bought this Lumix for my daughter/wife. I've tried the camera today and these are my first impressions. First, I must say the camera is a real pleasure to use: fast, small, handy. You pick it up, point and shoot. Real simple. The build quality is good. The screen looks nice and works fine. The zoom is a bit akward: zooming too fast and not precise.
The camera has lots of features: intelligent auto, shake reduction, different programs... Everything works very well and pretty intuitive.
The colors and light in the pictures are good.
One thing I miss is a shallow dept of field. There's no manual diafragma control. That's a pity. I'm happy with the 2.8 diafragma, which is fast enough.
The pictures themselves are a bit soft/unsharp. I have to finds out if I can chang the sharpening inside the camera or in Photoshop.
Last to say: the price was really good, because they don't make this model anymore (it's been replaced by the FS62: more pixels).
All-and-all the camera is a pleasure to use. But if I need really good quality pics, I'll be happy to use my dslr.

Problems:

Pictures are not very sharp yet. But they will be after Photoshop...

buitenkunst's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads