Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 review

Started Jan 31, 2010 | User reviews
CubScoutDad
Regular MemberPosts: 249
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 review
Jan 31, 2010

I've had this camera for several weeks now and couldn't be happier. Originally I was a bit disappointed that it weighed more than I expected, probably because I was comparing to a G-1 with the 14-45 lens, but as soon as I picked up a Canon with an equivalent zoom lens, the weight differential was obvious. My only challenge has been working with the AVCHD video files. So far I haven't found a program to work that I like.

Unlike the last "reviewer," I find the camera very responsive in both auto focus and shutter release lag. But I would agree that if you TYPICALLY shoot a lot of sports, high speed action situations, or very low light, there are better options

This is the camera I was waiting for!

Problems:

Although the price has dropped recently, it is still a bit expensive, although you really are getting a high quality camera and a HD video recorder all in one package.

Also someone with large hands might find handling this camera a bit of a challenge at time. I actually had to disable the dedicated video record button and I'm always hitting the exposure compensation button. And it's also easy to block the AE led. All minor issues and just learning how to handle the camera over time.

CubScoutDad's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads