Pentax K20D review

Started Feb 11, 2010 | User reviews
Joaquinnekuh
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Pentax K20D review
Feb 11, 2010

Good cam. bought one to replace my trusty K100D. However, and unfortunately, was not fully satisfied although the cam was much much better than the K100D. E.g. good and reliable exposure, stunning resolution and good viewfinder and customisation. A joy to use with the 35mm macro limited - but I wanted a good travel zoom and USM (not much time with family and got rid of the AF-noise, e.g. with the 16-45mm reliable but no longer in time, poor Pentax, sorry). Had kept the cam itself if there were other Pentax lenses. E.g. 55-300mm instead of 50-200 is very good but - noisy AF.

Problems:

Did not like the colours of the sensor finally. Noise for the resolution ok but some harsh picture appearence, not so well balanced, unfortunately. Bought it with the 17-70 SM, which is very good optically, but the AF was no real improvement with the cam in practice. Lens did not focus from 50mm onwards (stunning sharpness and detail however). Also the 50-200mm had its limitations with the K20D. After Pentax increased lens prices, I finally decided to buy Nikon D300s (wanted USM in any case and a good 18-200).

Joaquinnekuh's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads