Pentax Optio 750Z review

Started Mar 12, 2010 | User reviews
sunskisurf
Contributing MemberPosts: 599Gear list
Like?
Pentax Optio 750Z review
Mar 12, 2010

I own many digital cameras, am somewhat of a collector. used to have a 750z a few years ago and was not too happy with the IQ of this camera. Pictures werewashed out and somewhat fuzzy. the camera would also frequently freeze and the screen would turn dark. Well, I gave the camera back and had formed the opinion that the 750z just wasn't up there in quality. Well I could not resist when I got a good deal on ebay and bought a pretty well-usedd 750z for only $58. The camera has some scratches, but the image quality is top notch. My first 750z must have been a dud.

Like I said, I own and have owned a number of different cameras and now I have to say that looking at the pictures I get from my 750z, the quality really is close to that of an entry level DSLR (I have/had Minolta, Nikon and Panasonic DSLRs). In fact, I liked the output so much that I bought another 750z as a back-up, as they are really hard to find these days. It is one of my all-time favorite pictures are exceptionally sharp, clear with very little NR. The retro feel and swivel screen are also awesome.

Problems:

Slow to start. Need to shoot in TIFF to get the very best quality (really makes a difference on tyhis camera in my opinion), Tiff files take up a lot of room.

sunskisurf's gear list:sunskisurf's gear list
Ricoh Caplio 500SE Ricoh Caplio R3 Ricoh Caplio R4 Ricoh Caplio R5 Ricoh Caplio R6 +13 more
sunskisurf's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads