Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review

Started Apr 6, 2010 | User reviews
Dan Hudson
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review
Apr 6, 2010

I have not seen any negative reviews of the view finder, only one opinion in answer to my questions that was negative. Mine is quite poor. It produces a very rough view that hinders visability especially in dark areas. Looks like you are looking through a window screen. The LCD is just fine. Finally decided something was wrong with my view finder. I sent it to Canon for repair. It has been accepted. I am waiting to see what they will find. So far the repair center seems OK. They have a fast turn around, but quite a high repair price....$149.70 including return shipping. Maybe all camera repairs are high. Just think, I bought this camera for new on ebay, but Canon does not accept ebay receipts for warranty work. They require a dealer receipt on the dealer's letterhead, might even have to be an authorized dealer...Not sure about that. I now have more $ in the camera than I could have bought a truly new one from Amazon.com.

Some have complained about the lack of threads for filters....no threading...true. but it does have a neat bayonett mount on the lens. Lensmate makes an inexpensive adapter that fits this and allows for 58mm filters. Ordered mine. Some just screw a filter on anyway.

I should say that the camera makes great pictures.

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P7700 +1 more
Dan Hudson's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads