Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 review

Started Apr 28, 2010 | User reviews
psdigital
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 review
Apr 28, 2010

This is one of the best cameras out there. I was going to buy a Canon 7D but when I tested them, the Sony won hands down! It is so easy to use and has all of the features you need to take professional pictures. Having easy menus makes a real difference when you are out there working under pressure. The anti-shake being built into the camera makes a world of difference. The others charge extra for this feature to be put into the lens. With the a700, all lenses are stabilized.
The color this camera produces is outstanding. Skin tones are great. Highlights are not blown out. It reminds me of film more than any other camera out there.
This camera may be two years old but it is still one of the best out there. I think I made the right choice. If I was a videographer, I may have bought the other one but I think it had a much steeper learning curve. It was also double the cost!
Two more things I love. The grip's auto start focus. The camera starts focusing when you pick it up. The other thing is I love how the menu changes from horizontal to vertical when you turn the camera. If the menu is on and you raise the camera to your eye, it automatically shuts it off. Little things like this make it a great camera. And don't forget Mirror Lock-Up! I could go on and on....
All in all, this is a great camera.

Problems:

None at all.

psdigital's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads