Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 (mju Tough 6000) review

Started May 10, 2010 | User reviews
Turp
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 (mju Tough 6000) review
May 10, 2010

I bought this to use at work at emergency incident scenes, training, and while I am enjoying the outdoors. It has suited this purpose very well. On feature I like while at work or biking is the tap feature. This is nice when gloves are worn and is very intuitive. I plan to take it snorkeling, but believe me, it will be in a waterproof bag. I don’t put much faith in “waterproof” when it comes to $200 cameras.

Image quality- Noisy but not bad. Anyone questioning this need only look at the smallish lens. While I have yet to print any pics from it, editing and cropping shows the image limitations; especially in lower lighting. Still, images are crisp, colors good, noise amounts acceptable enough for images maybe up to 8x10.

I added a silicone cover and lcd display shield because I plan to not use a case most of the time. The cover does have a few draw backs. One- silicon is sticky against other materials when removing from a pocket, but this also makes it easy to hold. The cover also changes you shutter release feel, but still not something that can’t be compensated.

Problems:

No problems so far.

Turp's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads