Pentax Optio 750Z review

Started Jun 4, 2010 | User reviews
conrad slope
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio 750Z review
Jun 4, 2010

Best compact high-end digicam ever!

I bought this camera in 2007 at ebay from an unsold stock for 220 $. Since then I shot nearly 10'000 pictures. We do own other compact or bridge digicams in our family (Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Kodak). I can easily compare the results.

When you put the contrast in the 750z to "low" , sharpness and saturation to "high", ISO speed 80, the camera makes extremely sharp and clean pictures, in wideangle and full zoom, in normal focus and in macro focus.

The camera not only offers all the manual settings as Av,Tv, P and M, custom white balance, but several possibilities you hardly find with other cameras (fully customizable LCD, digital filters, 3D-mode, customizable buttons). All this comes in a very compact body. It is possible to put this "take everywhere" camera in your shirt pocket.

I specially appreciated the following features of the 750z:

Full zoom-range in macro mode. You can go as near as 15 cm in macro mode and use the full zoom-range. Macro focus works between 15 cm and 65 cm. In this mode you also can use the flash. In the super macro mode, you can go as near as 2 cm (no zoom, no flash).

Swivel LCD. It gives you the possibility to take photos from the ground or overhead. The LCD is very sharp.

Zoom range 37.5 mm - 187.5 mm in a compact body.

Optical viewfinder with diopter correction.

Excellent battery life.

Concluson:
PENTAX packed all features that you can imagine in this camera. The image quality is outstanding. It is a pity that PENTAX (and other camera makers) do not produce high-end compact digicams anymore!

Somebody else has written before in this homepage: "the Optio 750z is the most underrated camera". I fully agree.

Problems:

Sometimes in low light condition, focusing takes a certain time.

conrad slope's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads