Canon PowerShot SX210 IS review

Started Jul 13, 2010 | User reviews
boychester
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS review
Jul 13, 2010

Being a pro-Canon owner, I find the sx210is easy to use. I had A520 and Ixus85, and wanted a higher MP and higher zoom camera with all the manual features available without the need to go for an SLR.

I agree with most of the users here which do not like the flash position, which will obstruct the handling of the camera.

Pictures are first class provided you know how to use the manual settings available. Never use 'Auto' mode, for I'd be using my Ixus if I needed such. Would normally use Tv to adjust the lighting to the picture. When Tv is not enough, I will go for Manual.

Flash is some what a let down, and unless you choose your ISO, it normally is in high ISO with most pictures, and ended with very soft pictures as reviewed by the dpreview experts.

The zoom range and HD video is a major plus. The video quality and the image stabilizer beats the SD canon camcorder FS100. I had FS100 which without image stabilizer is a totally unusable camcorder.

Problems:

I haven't bring my camera back to bestbuy. I wanted to confirm with the users here if the video playback is silent. I checked the canon website and it mentioned that the slow playback is silent but not in normal mode. My normal playback mode is silent too. If this is not defect, then this is a a big thumb downs.

boychester's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads